2024年6月10日发(作者:)
You didn't wake me.
你没叫醒我
You were sleeping.
你睡得很香
You can't bear to have breakfast with me.
你无法忍♥受和我共进早餐
I've boiled you an egg. See? I'd hardly have boiled you an egg
我给你煮了个鸡蛋 瞧 我要是不想看见你
if I didn't want to see you. Um, tea or coffee?
怎么会给你煮鸡蛋? 要茶还是咖啡?
Does any woman ever stay long enough
有哪个女人和你在一起时间长到
to find out what the hell goes on in your head?
能知道你脑子里在想什么?
What are you doing tonight?
你今晚有什么安排?
I'm seeing my daughter.
我要见我女儿
Your daughter? You've kept very quiet about her.
你女儿? 你可没怎么提过她
Have I?
是吗?
Well, she's been abroad for a year.
哦 她这一年来都在国外
Did you say tea?
你刚才是要茶吗?
I'm going.
我走了
Have fun with your daughter.
祝你和女儿相处愉快
Tickets, please.
请出示车票
Tickets. Excuse me.
车票 对不起
Tickets.
车票
Tickets, please.
请出示车票
Oh!
噢!
Hey. Hey, you!
嘿 叫你呢!
Your feet. Your feet.
你的脚 脚
Hey, kid.
嘿 孩子
Up.
站起来
It's all right.
没事的
There. Where do you live?
乖 你住哪?
It's just up here. I'll be fine now. Thank you.
就在那边 我已经没事了 谢谢你
Goodbye.
再见
Look after yourself.
好好照顾自己
I'm worried about him. He looks terrible.
我很担心他 他脸色不好
The boy's saying he doesn't need a doctor.
这孩子说他用不着看医生
He does. I don't need a doctor.
他得看 我用不着看医生
Good, then. Peter.
那好吧 彼得
We're not going to argue about this.
我们不必为这事争吵
Remind me. How old are you, now?
提醒我 你现在多大了?
Michael's 15.
迈克15岁
It's scarlet fever.
是猩红热
He'll be in bed for several months, at least.
他至少需要卧床几个月
Complete isolation.
完全隔离
Emily, keep away. He's contagious.
艾米丽 离远点 他会传染
Emily!
艾米丽!
How are you feeling?
你觉得怎么样?
Better.
好些了
I meant to tell you
有件事想告诉你
the day I got ill, a woman helped me.
我得病那天 有个女人帮了我
She helped you?
她帮了你?
Yes. She brought me home.
是的 她带我回家
Do you have her address?
你有她的地址吗?
Hello? Yes?
有人在吗? 我在
I brought you these flowers to say thank you.
我带了这些花来感谢你
Put them over there in the sink.
放到水池那边
I would have come earlier, I've been in bed three months.
我本想早点来的 但我在床上躺了三个月
You are better now? Yes. Thank you.
你好些了吗? 是的 谢谢你
Have you always been weak? Oh, no. I've never been sick before.
你一直身体不好? 哦 不 我以前从没生过病
It's incredibly boring. There's nothing to do.
太无聊了 什么也不能做
I couldn't even be bothered to read.
我连书都懒得读
Well, thank you again.
那么再次谢谢你
Wait.
等等
I'll walk with you. I have to go to work.
我和你一起走 我要去上班
Wait in the hall while I change.
我换件衣服 你在走廊等着
There are two more buckets downstairs.
楼下还有两个桶
You can fill them and bring them up.
把它们装满提上来
You look ridiculous. Look at you, kid.
你看起来很可笑 看看你自己 孩子
You can't go home like that.
你不能这个样子回家
Take off your clothes. I'll run you a bath.
把衣服脱了 我给你放水洗澡
Do you always take a bath in your trousers?
你总是穿着裤子洗澡吗?
It's all right. I won't look.
放心 我不会偷看的
I'll get you a towel.
我给你拿条毛巾
So that's why you came back.
你回来找我就是因为这个吧
You're so beautiful.
你好美
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊?
Look at me, kid.
看着我 孩子
Slowly.
慢点
Slowly
慢一点
Shh.
嘘
You've inconvenienced your mother.
你给你母亲造成了不便
How many more times? I've said I'm sorry.
还要说几次?我已经道过歉了
You scared her. I got lost, that's all.
你吓着她了 我迷路了 就这样
That's why I was late. Can I have some more?
所以我才回来晚了 能再给我来点吗?
How can anyone get lost in their own hometown?
谁会在自己的家乡迷路?
I meant to head for the castle, I ended up at the field.
我本想去城♥堡♥那边 结果走到了田野里
Opposite directions. None of your business.
方向完全相反 不关你的事
He's lying. He's not lying.
他在撒谎 他没撒谎
Michael never lies.
迈克从不撒谎
I've decided I want to go back to school tomorrow.
我已经决定明天返校了
The doctor says you need three weeks. Well, I'm going.
医生说你还要休息三周 我已经决定了
Peter?
彼得?
Hey! Ooh!
嘿! 呜!
Like this?
像这样?
That's right.
没错
No, not so fast.
不对 别这么快
Ah!
啊!
It's all right.
没事
Do it again.
再来一次
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
What? Your name.
什么? 你的名字
Why do you want to know? I've been here three times.
问这个干什么? 我已经来这儿三次了
I want to know your name. What's wrong with that?
我想知道你叫什么 这有什么不对?
Nothing, kid.
没有 孩子
There's nothing wrong with that.
没什么不对
It's Hanna. You look so suspicious.
我叫汉娜 你一脸怀疑的表情
What's yours, kid? Michael.
你叫什么 孩子? 迈克
Michael. Hmm.
迈克 嗯
So I'm with a Michael.
那么和我在一起的人叫迈克
Hanna.
汉娜
The notion of secrecy is central to Western literature.
西方文学的核心在于保密的观念
You may say the whole idea of character
可以说人物性格整个建立在
holding specific information,
人们之间未能公开的某些信息之上
which, for various reasons,
其原因可能是多样的
sometimes perverse, sometimes noble,
或卑劣 或高尚
they are determined not to disclose.
以致人们决心守口如瓶
You never tell me what you've been studying.
你从没告诉过我你在学什么
Studying?
学?
At school.
在学校里
Do you learn languages? Yes.
你们学语言吗? 嗯
What languages? Latin.
哪些语言? 拉丁语
Say something in Latin.
用拉丁语说点什么
It's Horace.
这是贺拉斯写的
It's wonderful.
很好听
Do you want some Greek?
想听希腊语吗?
It's beautiful.
真美
How can you tell?
你怎么听出来的?
How do you know, when you've no idea what it means?
你听不懂意思 怎么知道好听?
What are you studying in German?
你用德语学些什么
I'm studying a play.
我在学一个剧本
By a writer called Gotthold Ephraim Lessing. You heard of him?
叫戈特霍尔德·埃夫莱姆·莱辛的作家写的 你听说过他吗?
The play's called Emilia Galotti. You can read it.
这个剧本叫《爱米丽雅·迦洛蒂》 借给你看
I'd rather listen to you.
还是听你念吧
All right.
好吧
"Act One. Scene One.
第一幕 第一场
The setting: One of the prince's chambers.
场景:王子的其中一个房♥间
The Prince"
王子
I'm not very good.
我念得不好
Go on.
继续
"Complaints, nothing but complaints.
牢骚 净是些牢骚
For goodness sake, is there anything left but work?
看在上帝份上 除了工作就什么也不剩吗?
Just imagine that people actually envy us."
别人竟然还嫉妒我们
You're good at it, aren't you?
你很在行 不是吗?
Good at what?
在行什么?
Reading.
朗读
What's funny?
你笑什么?
I didn't think I was good at anything.
我以为我♥干♥什么都不在行
What are you doing? What is this?
你在干什么?这是什么意思?
Why did you behave as if you didn't know me?
为什么你装作不认识我?
You didn't want to know me! You could see I was in the first carriage!
是你装不认识我吧! 明明看到我在第一节车厢里
So why did you sit in the second? What did you think I was doing?
为什么你坐在第二节里? 你以为我想干嘛?
Why did you think I was there? How should I know?
你以为我♥干♥嘛去了? 我怎么知道?
Now, I've been working. I need a bath.
我工作很累了 想洗个澡
And I'd like to be by myself.
而且不想被人打扰
Would you please leave?!
能请你离开吗?
I I didn't mean to upset you.
我 我没想惹你不开心
You don't have the power to upset me.
让我不开心你还不够格
You don't matter enough to upset me.
你对我还没重要到那个程度
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么
I've never been with a woman before.
我以前从没和女人交往过
We've been together four weeks,
我们在一起四周了
and I can't live without you.
没有你我已经活不下去了
I can't.
我不能没有你
Even the thought of it kills me.
只是想一想都会要了我的命
I sat in the second carriage because I thought you might kiss me.
我坐在第二节车厢里 因为我想你可能会吻我
Kid, you thought we could make love in a tram?
孩子 你以为我们能在电车里做♥爱♥?
Is it true what you said?
你说的是真的吗?
That I don't matter to you?
我对你不重要?
Do you forgive me?
你原谅我吗?
Do you love me?
你爱我吗?
Do you have a book? Yes, I have.
你有书吗? 是的 我有
I took one with me this morning.
今天早上我带了一本
What is it? The Odyssey, by Homer.
是什么书? 《奥德赛》 荷马写的
It's my homework.
我的家庭作业
We're changing the order we do things.
我们把顺序改改吧
Read to me first, kid. Then we make love.
先给我念书 孩子 然后我们做♥爱♥
The Odyssey, by Homer. What's an odyssey?
《奥德赛》 荷马著 什么是奥德赛?
A journey. He sets out on a journey.
就是旅程 他踏上了一次旅程
Good.
不错
"Sing to me of the man, Muse The man of twists and turns
告诉我 缪斯 那位聪颖敏睿的凡人的经历
Driven time and again off course Once he had plundered
在攻破神圣的特洛伊城♥堡♥后
The hallowed heights of Troy"
浪迹四方
Come here.
过来
"He pressed her hand to his lips.
他把她的手放在自己唇上
She was dead.
她死了
Past all help, or need of it."
任何人都已无力回天
"I poked into the place a ways, encountered a little open patch
我摸索着往里走 到了一小块开阔地段
as big as a bedroom, all hung around with vines,
才一间卧室那么大 四周满是青藤
and found a man lying there asleep.
有一个人正在那里睡着了
And, by jings, it was my old Jim.
天啊 这正是我那老吉姆啊!
'When you landed, I reckoned I could catch up with you
你上岸的时候 我原想能赶上你
on the land without having to shout at you. But when I see that house,
正想朝你大喊 这时我看到了那座大屋子
I begin to go slow."'
我便放慢了
"Lady Chatterley felt his naked flesh against her
当他进入时
as he came into her.
查太莱夫人感觉到 他赤♥裸♥的皮肉紧贴着她
For a moment, he was still inside her"
他在她里面静止了一会
This is disgusting.
这真恶心
Where did you get this?
你从哪弄来的这本书?
I borrowed it from someone at school. Oh
我从同学那借的 哦
You should be ashamed.
你应该觉得羞耻
Go on.
继续
"'Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles in a thundering typhoon!
雷鸣般的台风里那成千上万 蓝色泡状的臭贝壳啊!这是水!
It is water! ' 'But what on earth did you expect it to be?"'
那你以为是什么?
Whiskey. "'Whiskey, by thunder, whiskey! '
威士忌 威士忌 看在雷鸣的份上 威士忌!
'Whiskey? Come now, captain, you can't be serious."'
威士忌?船长 您该不会是认真的吧
That's enough for today, kid.
今天就到这儿吧 孩子
I was wondering, do you think you could get some time off?
我在想 你能请个假吗?
Maybe we could go on a trip.
我们可以去旅行
What sort of trip? A cycling holiday.
什么样的旅行? 骑单车度假
Just two days.
就两天
I've got a guide book. I've worked out the route.
我这有本旅行指南 连路线我都盘算好了
Look. What do you think?
瞧 你觉得怎么样?
I think you like planning, don't you?
你很喜欢计划 对不对?
"I'm not frightened.
我不畏惧
I'm not frightened of anything.
我无所畏惧
The more I suffer, the more I love.
受伤越深 我的爱也越炽热
Danger will only increase my love.
危险只会增添这份爱
It will sharpen it. It will give it spice.
让它更清晰 更丰富
I'll be the only angel you need.
我会是你唯一的天使
You will leave life even more beautiful than you entered it.
你生命的结局会比开端更加美丽
Heaven will take you back and look at you and say,
连对你敞开怀抱的天堂也会说
'Only one thing can make a soul complete,
只有一样东西 能让一个灵魂如此完整
and that thing is love."'
那就是爱情
Hello. Hello.
你好 你好
Excuse me. Hello.
对不起 你好
Do you know what you'd like?
你想吃点什么?
Um What are you having?
嗯 你要点什么?
You order. I'll have what you have. OK.
你来点 我要和你一样的 好
Um
嗯
Two frankfurters, two potato salads and two beers, please.
请来两份法兰克福香肠 两个土豆沙拉 还有两杯啤酒
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
I hope your mother was happy. Thank you.
我希望你母亲吃得开心 谢谢
She enjoyed her meal very much.
她非常喜欢这里的饭菜
Come on.
走吧
Here, let me show you where we're going.
来 我给你看看我们的目的地
It's OK, kid.
不用了 孩子
I don't want to know.
我不想知道
What are you doing? I'm writing a poem. About you.
你在干什么? 我在写一首诗 关于你的
Can I hear it? It's not ready.
我能听听吗? 还不到时候
I'll read it to you one day.
以后我会念给你听的
Morning, Hendrick. Good morning, Mr. Berg.
早上好 亨德里克 早上好 伯格先生
You're in court 306. Thank you.
您是在306号♥法庭 谢谢你
You all right, Michael? I'm fine.
你还好吧 迈克? 我没事
Hurry. You know what she's like. See you later!
快点 您知道她的脾气 待会儿见!
Good luck.
祝您好运
Please stand.
请起立
Please sit down.
请坐
The defendant, please.
辩方请陈词
They're coming.
她们来了
Hello. Hello.
你好 你好
What did she say? Good morning, ladies.
她说什么? 早上好 女士们
Welcome your new fellow-students. Treat them with courtesy.
欢迎你们的新同学 对她们要谦恭有礼
Sit down. Hello.
请坐 你好
My name's Sophie. I'm Michael.
我叫苏菲 我是迈克
The Odyssey.
《奥德赛》
Take our your books.
把书拿出来
Everyone believes Homer's subject is homecoming.
每个人都认为荷马的主题是回家
In fact, The Odyssey is a book about a journey.
实际上 《奥德赛》是一本关于旅程的书
Home is a place you dream of.
家只是你的梦中之地
Berg, I don't mean to distract you, but we're meant to study Homer, not Sophie.
伯格 我不想打断你 但我们要学习的是荷马 不是苏菲
It's wonderful, isn't it? Wonderful.
这太棒了 不是吗? 很棒
It's gonna be a great summer.
这一定会是个美好的夏天
Why do you leave early? He always leaves early.
你为什么要先走? 他总是先走
Do you have somewhere to go? See you tomorrow.
你是不是要去什么地方? 明天见
Sorry I'm late.
对不起我来晚了
I got held up at school.
学校有点事
I have a new book.
我带了本新书
The Lady with a Little Dog.
《带小狗的女人》
By Anton Chekhov.
作者安东·契诃夫
"The talk was that a new face had appeared on the promenade,
据说在堤岸上出现了一个新面孔
a lady with a little dog."
一个带小狗的女人
Schmitz, one moment, please.
施密茨 请等一下
I read the reports on you. Every single one. Excellent work.
我读了关于你的每一份报告 你的工作无可挑剔
You'll be working in the office.
你以后会在办公室工作
You got promoted. Congratulations.
你升职了 恭喜
Let's get out of here!
我们走吧!
Come on! Michael, we're leaving. Let's go!
快点!迈克 我们要走了 快走
Come on, Michael!
快来 迈克!
It's meant to be a surprise for your birthday.
他们打算给你个生日惊喜
Come on! What's the matter?
来啊! 你干嘛呢?
I'm sorry. Really. We thought you'd like it.
真对不起 我们以为你会喜欢的
We've got beer! We're gonna dance!
我们有啤酒!还要跳舞!
I promised someone.
我答应了别人
Michael, please!
迈克 求你了!
"Here and there the reflection of the stars and the lights,
到处是星星和灯火的反光
on the bank quivered and trembled."
在岸边闪烁着 颤动着
Oh, kid, kid. What?
哦 孩子 孩子 什么?
Stop. What's wrong now?
别念了 又怎么了?
Nothing's wrong.
没怎么
It's nothing.
没事
You know, you never ask.
你知道吗 你从来都不问我
You never bother to ask how I am!
你从来不屑问我开不开心!
You never say.
你也从来不提
It just happens to be my birthday.
今天碰巧是我的生日
It's my birthday, that's all!
我今天过生日!
You've never even asked when it is.
你甚至都没问过我什么时候生日
If you want a fight, kid I don't want a fight!
如果你想吵架的话 孩子 我不想吵架!
What's wrong with you?! What business is it of yours?!
你怎么了? 关你什么事?
It's always on your terms. Everything.
总是由着你的性子来 每一件事
We do what you want. It's always what you want.
我们总是做你想做的事 全是按你的意思
My friends were giving me a party. Why are you here?
我的朋友要给我开派对 那你为什么要来?
Go back to your party. Is that what you want?
回去开你的派对啊 你不就想这样吗?
It's always me that has to apologize.
道歉的人总是我
You don't have to apologize. No one has to apologize.
你不需要道歉 没人需要道歉
War and Peace, kid.
《战争与和平》 孩子
Now, you must go back to your friends.
现在 回你的朋友们那儿去
Are you all right?
你还好吧?
It's him.
是他
Good.
很好
Get the boy something to eat.
给这小子拿点吃的
I think we all knew you'd come back to us eventually.
我们都知道你总有一天会回来的
Mr. Berg? It is 8:00.
伯格先生?已经八点了
Your daughter.
您女儿
Thank you.
谢谢你
Julia.
朱莉娅
I've not kept you waiting? I was early.
我没让你久等吧? 是我早到了
Welcome back.
欢迎回来
So how will you decide?
那么你会如何决定?
I don't know.
我不知道
I'm happy back in Berlin, I suppose.
我觉得在柏林的时候很快乐
You've seen your mother? Mm-hmm.
见到你妈妈了? 嗯
I wanted to get away. That's all.
我只是想一个人呆一阵
It was Paris, but it could have been anywhere.
我去了巴黎 但去哪都一样
Away from your parents?
就是不想和父母在一起?
I'm aware I was difficult.
我知道自己很难相处
I wasn't always open with you.
我很多时候对你不够坦率
I'm not open with anyone.
我对任何人都不坦率
I knew you were distant.
我总觉得你很遥远
You know I always assumed it was my fault.
你知道吗 我一直以为是我的错
Julia.
朱莉娅
How wrong can you be?
你能错到哪去?
I'll see you very soon. See you soon.
过几天见 再见
Good night, Dad. Good night.
晚安 爸爸 晚安 朱莉娅
Those of you for the special seminar group,
参加特别研讨班的同学们
please stay on in this room.
请留在这间教室
Professor Rohl will be here in a moment.
罗尔教授马上就来
Well, we seem to be quite a small group.
看样子我们这个班很小
A small group and a select one.
虽然小 也是精挑细选的
Clearly, this is going to be a unique seminar.
显然 这是个独特的研讨班
We are going to start with a reading list, gentlemen.
我们先从阅读书目开始 先生们
Karl Jaspers
卡尔·雅斯贝尔斯
And ladies. The Question of German Guilt.
还有女士们 的《德国罪过问题》
So this is where you are.
这就是你住的地方啊
Yes.
是的
Come in.
请进
You take work seriously. I don't know.
你学习很认真嘛 是吗
You're rather a serious boy.
你可真是个认真的男生
It's how I was brought up.
我从小就这样
What about you? Are you serious?
你呢?你认真吗?
You're sure you want to work tonight?
你确定今晚要学习吗?
Yeah.
是的
But I won't work every night.
但我并不是每晚都学习
See you tomorrow.
明天见
Yes. Exactly That's right.
是的 一点不错 没错
You need a hand.
要帮忙吗
Why all the police? They're worried about demonstrators.
为啥这么多警♥察♥? 他们担心这些示♥威♥者
For or against? Both.
拥护者还是反对者? 都有
Wow. It's a circus.
哇 有好戏看了
All rise.
全体起立
All photographers are now asked to leave.
所有摄影人员请离开
This court is now in session. Please sit down.
本法庭现在开庭 请坐
First thing I'm going to do is hear motions
首先我要听取
from each of the defendants' lawyers.
每个辨方律师的诉讼请求
They're arguing that there's no reason to keep the defendants in jail
在本庭宣判之前
until the outcome of the forthcoming trial.
他们反对将被告收监
I'll take these cases one by one. Want a pen?
我将一一审理这几个案件 要笔吗?
I got a pen. Hanna Schmitz.
我有笔 汉娜·施密茨
Your name is Hanna Schmitz? Yes.
你叫汉娜·施密茨 是吗? 是的
Can you speak louder please?
能请你大点声吗?
My name is Hanna Schmitz. Thank you.
我叫汉娜·施密茨 谢谢
You were born on October 21 st, 1922? Yes.
你生于1922年10月21号♥ 对吗? 对
At Hermannstadt.
生于赫尔曼施塔特
And you're now 43 years old? Yes.
你现在43岁? 是的
You joined the SS in 1943? Yes.
你于1943年加入了党卫军? 是的
What was your reason for joining?
你加入的原因是什么?
You were working at the Siemens factory at the time?
你当时在西门子工厂工作?
Yes.
是的
You'd recently been offered a promotion.
那时你刚被升职
Why did you prefer to join the SS?
为什么还要加入党卫军?
Objection. I'll re-phrase my question.
反对 那我换个问法
I'm trying to ascertain
我只是想确认
if she joined the SS freely, hmm?
她加入党卫军
Of her own free will.
是否出于自愿
I heard there were jobs. Go on.
我听说那儿有工作 继续
I was working at Siemens
我在西门子工作时
when I heard the SS was recruiting.
听说党卫军在招聘
Did you know the kind of work you'd be expected to do?
你知不知道你要做的是什么工作?
They were looking for guards.
他们在找看守
I applied for a job. You worked first at Auschwitz?
我申请了这个职位 你最初在奥斯威辛工作?
Yes. Until 1944.
是的 直到1944年
Then you were moved to a smaller camp near Krakow?
然后你被调到克拉科夫附近 一个较小的集中营?
Yes. Are you OK?
是的 你还好吧?
You helped move prisoners I'm fine.
你在1944年冬季参与了 嗯 我没事
west in the winter of 1944 in the so-called death marches?
向西运送囚犯的所谓 死亡之旅 ?
So, what did you think? I don't know.
那么 你觉得如何? 我不知道
It wasn't quite what I was expecting.
和我想象中不太一样
Wasn't it? In what way? What were you expecting?
是吗?怎么个不一样? 你想象中是什么样的?
I thought it was exciting.
我觉得它很激动人心
Exciting? Why?
激动人心?为什么?
Why did you think it was exciting?
你为什么认为它激动人心?
Because it's justice.
因为它是正义的
Societies think they operate by something called morality,
社会以为自己是靠道德维系的
but they don't.
其实不对
They operate by something called law.
维系社会的是法律
You're not guilty of anything merely by working at Auschwitz.
仅仅是在奥斯威辛工作不会被判有罪
Eight thousand people worked at Auschwitz.
在奥斯威辛工作过的有八千人
Precisely 19 have been convicted, and only six for murder.
其中19个人被判有罪 而谋杀罪名成立的只有六人
To prove murder, you have to prove intent.
为了证实谋杀 必须先核实意图
That's the law.
这就是法律
The question is never was it wrong,
问题从来不是对与错
but was it legal.
而在于是否合法
And not by our laws, no.
而且所依据的并非我们的法律
By the laws at the time. But isn't that
而是事发当时的法律 但这是不是有点
What? narrow?
什么? 狭窄?
Oh, yes. The law is narrow.
哦 是的 法律就是狭窄的
On the other hand,
另一方面来讲
I suspect people who kill other people
我怀疑那些杀人者
tend to be aware that it's wrong.
自己也清楚这是错的
Miss Schmitz, you're familiar with this book?
施密茨小姐 你熟悉这本书吗?
Miss Schmitz, you're familiar with this book?
施密茨小姐 你熟悉这本书吗?
Yes. Parts of it
是的 这本书的一部分
have already been read out in court.
已经在法庭上宣读过了
It's by a survivor,
作者是一位幸存者
a prisoner who survived.
一位幸免于难的囚犯
Ilana Mather.
伊拉娜·玛瑟
She was in the camp when she was a child, wasn't she?
她小时候在集中营呆过 不是吗?
She was with her mother. Yes.
她跟他母亲在一起对吗? 是的
In the book, she describes a selection process.
她在书里描述了一种挑选过程
At the end of the month's labor, every month,
每个月的劳动结束时
sixty inmates were selected.
六十个犯人被挑选出来
Picked out to be sent from the satellite camp back to Auschwitz.
从周边的小集中营送返奥斯威辛
That's right, isn't it?
这没错吧?
Yes, that's right.
对 没错
And, so far, each of your fellow defendants
到现在为止 其他几位被告
has specifically denied being part of that process.
都否认自己曾参与这一过程
Now, I'm going to ask you.
现在 我要问你
Were you part of it?
你有没有参与?
Yes.
有
So you helped make the selection?
那么你?
Yes. You admit that?
是的 你承认这一点?
Then tell me,
那么告诉我
how did that selection happen?
具体是怎么挑选的?
There were six guards,
一共六个看守
so we decided we'd choose ten people each.
我们决定每人挑十个
That's how we did it every month.
每个月我们都是这么干的
We'd all choose ten.
每人选十个
Your fellow defendants took part in the process?
你是说其他被告也参与了挑选?
We all did.
我们都参与了
Even though they've denied it?
即使她们全都否认?
Saying "we," "we all" is easier than saying "I," "I alone,"
说 我们 所有人 比说 我 我自己 要容易得多
isn't it, Miss Schmitz?
不是吗 施密茨小姐?
Did you not realize
你是否明白
that you were sending these women to their deaths?
你要把这些妇女送向死亡?
But they were new arrivals, new women were arriving all the time.
但是有新人来 总有新的妇女被送来
So the old ones had to make room for the new ones.
那么 原来的人就要为新来的腾出地方
I'm not sure you understand We couldn't keep everyone.
你似乎没弄明白 我们不能把所有人都留下
There wasn't room. No.
没那么多地方 不
But what I'm saying
我的意思是
Let me rephrase.
我换个问法吧
To make room, you were picking women out and saying,
为了腾地方 你们把妇女们挑选出来 然后说
"You, you and you have to be sent back to be killed."
你 你 还有你要被送回去杀掉
Well, what would you have done?
那换了你怎么做?
Should I never have signed up at Siemens?
我当初就不该进西门子是吗?
Ms. Mather, they're ready for you now.
玛瑟太太 你可以进去了
Go, go. Go, go, go.
去吧 去吧
Where's Michael? I don't know.
迈克在哪? 不知道
In your book, you describe the process of selection.
在你的书里 你描写了挑选的过程
Yes.
是的
You were made to work and then, when you were no longer any use to them,
妇女们先是做苦工 然后当她们不再有价值
then they sent you back to Auschwitz to be killed.
她们就被送回奥斯威辛杀掉
Are there people here who made that selection?
今天在场的人中有当时参与挑选的吗?
Yes.
有
I need you to identify them. Can you please point them out?
我需要你来辨认一下 能不能请你指出是哪些人?
Her.
她
And her.
她
Her.
她
And her.
她
Her.
她
And her.
还有她
Thank you. Please continue.
谢谢 请继续
Each of the guards would choose a certain number of women.
每个看守会挑选一定数量的妇女
Hanna Schmitz chose differently.
汉娜·施密茨的挑法和别人不同
In what way differently?
哪里不同?
She had favorites.
她有自己的喜好
Girls, mostly young.
专挑女孩子 大都很年轻
We all remarked on it.
我们全在私下里议论
She gave them food and places to sleep.
她给她们食物 还安排睡觉的地方
In the evening, she she asked them to join her.
到了晚上 她 她把她们叫到身边
And we all thought
我们都以为
Well, you can imagine what we thought.
你能想到我们是怎么以为的
And then we found out she was making these women read aloud to her.
后来我们发现她是让这些女孩读书给她听
They were reading to her.
她们都为她朗读
At first, we thought this guard, this guard is
一开始 我们觉得这位看守
more sensitive, she's more human, she's kinder.
心思更细腻 更有人性 更善良
Often, she chose the weak, the sick.
她还常挑那些体弱多病的
She picked them out. She seemed to be protecting them almost.
看起来几乎是在保护她们
But then she dispatched them.
可后来她送走了她们
Is that kinder?
这算是更善良吗?
I want to move on now to the march.
下面我们进行到死亡之旅的话题
As I understand it, you and your daughter were marched for many months.
依我的理解 你和你女儿走了好几个月
In the winter of 1944, our camp was closed down.
1944年冬天 我们所在的集中营关闭了
We were told we had to move on. But the plan kept changing every day.
我们被告知要搬走 但是具体安排每天都在变化
Women were dying all around us in the snow.
我们周围的妇女不断死在雪地里
Half of us died on the march. My daughter says in the book,
有一半人死在途中 我女儿在书里说
"Less a death march, more a death gallop."
与其说死亡之旅 不如说是死亡冲锋
Please tell us about the night in the church.
请告诉我们在教堂的那一晚
That night, we thought we were lucky because we had a roof over our heads.
那天晚上 我们都觉得很幸运 因为不用露宿了
Go on.
继续
We'd arrived in a village.
我们到达了一个村庄
As always, the guards took the best quarters. They took the priest's house.
与往常一样 看守们住在最好的地方 她们占了牧师的房♥子
But they let us sleep in a church.
却让我们睡在教堂里
There was a bombing raid in the middle of the night.
半夜时有空袭
The church was hit.
教堂被击中了
At first, we could only hear the fire. It was in the steeple.
起初我们只听见轰炸声 从尖塔上传来
Then we could see burning beams
然后我们看见了燃烧的房♥梁
and they began to crash to the floor.
它们开始向地面冲来
Everyone rushed
所有人挤成一团
rushed to the doors.
涌向大门
But the doors had been locked on the outside.
可是门被反锁了
The church burned down? Nobody came to open the doors?
教堂被烧毁了?没人来开门?
Is that right?
是吗?
Nobody.
没人
Even though you were all burning to death?
即使你们都要被烧死了?
How many people were killed?
死了多少人?
Everyone was killed.
所有人都死了
But you survived?
而你活下来了?
Thank you.
谢谢
I want to thank you for coming to this country
谢谢你今天来到这个国家
today to testify.
出庭作证
I don't know. I don't know what we're doing here anymore.
我不明白 我已经不知道我们在做什么了
Don't you?
是吗?
You tell us to think like lawyers,
你教我们像律师一样思考
but there's something disgusting about this.
但其中有一点让我觉得很恶心
How so? This didn't happen to the Germans.
怎么会? 这事没发生在德国人身上
It happened to the Jews.
而是发生在犹太人身上
What are we trying to do? We're trying to understand.
我们到底要干嘛? 我们在试图理解
Six women locked 300 Jews in a church and let them burn.
六个女人把300个犹太人 关在一座教堂里活活烧死
What is there to understand?
这哪一点值得理解了?
Tell me! I'm asking! What is there to understand?
告诉我!我在问你话! 哪一点值得理解?
I started out believing in this trial. I thought it was great.
我一开始还相信着 这将是场伟大的审判
Now, I think it's it's just a diversion.
现在 我觉得 这只不过是在转移视线
Yes? Diversion from what?
是吗?从哪里转移视线?
You choose six women, you put them on trial,
选出六个女人 对她们进行审判
you say, "They were the evil ones, they were the guilty ones."
然后说 她们是邪恶者 她们才是罪人
One of the victims happened to write a book.
碰巧有个受害者写了本书
That's why they're on trial and nobody else!
所以只有她们接受审判 其他人都没事!
Do you know how many camps there were in Europe?
你们知不知道全欧洲有多少集中营?
People go on about how much did everyone know?
大家不停地挖掘每个人知道多少
Who knew? What did they know? Everyone knew!
有谁知道 知道些什么 每个人都知道!
Our parents, our teachers. That isn't the question!
我们的父母 老师 问题根本不在这里!
The question is, "How'd you let this happen?"
问题是 你怎能允许这种事发生?
Better, "Why didn't you kill yourself when you found out?"
或者更深入点 为什么你知道后不自杀谢罪?
Thousands. That's how many. There were thousands of camps.
成千上万个 有成千上万个集中营
Everyone knew.
每个人都知道
Look at that woman.
瞧瞧那个女人
Which woman? The woman you're always staring at.
哪个女人? 你一直盯着的那女人
I'm sorry, but you are.
不好意思 你确实盯了
I don't know which woman you mean.
我不知道你说的是哪一个
You know what I'd do?
你知道我会怎么做吗?
Put the gun in my hand, I'd shoot her myself.
给我一枝枪 我会亲手杀了她
Shoot them all!
把她们全杀了!
Why did you not unlock the doors?
你为什么不开门?
Why did you not unlock the doors?
你为什么不开门?
I've asked all of you, and I'm getting no answer.
我问了你们每一个人 没有人回答
Two of the victims are in this court. They deserve an answer.
今天有两位受害人在场 她们应该得到答案
This is the SS report. You all have copies.
这是党卫军的报告 你们都有复印件
The report which was written, approved and signed by all of you
这份报告在事故发生后不久
immediately after the event. In the written report,
由你们共同撰写 同意和签署
you all claim you didn't even know about the fire until after it happened.
在报告里 你们都声称事后才知道起火了
But that isn't true, is it?
但这不是事实 对吗?
Well?
说啊?
It's not true.
这不是事实
I don't know what you're asking. The first thing I'm asking
我不知道你在问什么 我要问的第一件事是
is why didn't you unlock the doors? Obviously.
为什么你没有开门? 很明显
For the obvious reason.
原因很明显
We couldn't. Why couldn't you?
我们不能开 为什么不能?
We were guards.
我们是看守
Our job was to guard the prisoners.
我们的工作就是看守囚犯
We couldn't just let them escape.
我们不能让她们逃跑
I see. And if they escaped, then you'd be blamed,
我明白了 如果她们逃跑了 你们会被怪罪
you'd be charged, you might even be executed?
你们会受到惩罚 甚至处决?
No! Well, then?
不! 那是为什么?
If we'd opened the doors, there would have been chaos.
如果我们开了门 场面就会变得混乱
How could we have restored order?
那时我们怎么恢复秩序?
It happened so fast. It was snowing. The bombs.
一切发生得太快 又下着雪 到处是炸♥弹♥
The flames There were flames all over the village.
还有火 整个村庄成了一片火海
Then the screaming began, and got worse and worse.
然后到处是尖叫声 情况越来越糟
If they'd all come rushing out, we couldn't just let them escape.
与其让她们都冲出来 我们不如把她们关在里面
We couldn't. We were responsible for them!
我们不能开门 我们要对她们负责!
So you did know what was happening? You did know? You made a choice.
那你的确知道发生的情况 对不对? 你作出了决择
You let them die,
你选择看着她们烧死
rather than risk letting them escape.
为了不冒放跑她们的风险
The other defendants have made an allegation against you.
其他的被告对你作出一项指证
Have you heard this allegation?
你听说过这项指证吗?
They say you were in charge.
她们说你是主管
It isn't true. I was I was just one of the guards.
这不是事实 我只不过是看守中的一员
She was in charge. She was!
她是主管 没错!是她的主意
Of course she was. Did you write the report?
她当然是 这报告是你写的吗?
No. No. We all discussed what to say. We all wrote it together.
不 不 我们一起讨论了报告该怎么写 然后所有人一起写的
She wrote the report. She was in charge.
她写的报告 她是主管
Is that true? No.
是吗? 不
Yes, you did! Does it matter?
没错 是你写的! 谁写的有关系吗?
She wrote it. I need a sample of your handwriting.
是她写的 我需要你的笔迹样本
My
我的
My handwriting? Yes. I need to establish
我的笔迹? 是的 我需要确认
who wrote the report. I don't see how that's appropriate.
是谁写了报告 我认为这不合适
20 years have gone by. Take her paper. Approach the bench.
这已经是20年前的事了 把纸拿给她 放到被告席上
Compare handwriting of 20 years? Approach the bench.
比较20年前后的笔迹? 把纸放到被告席上
I will not be overruled in my own court.
我才是本庭的法官
I'm sorry
对不起
I'd rather listen to you.
还是听你念吧
There's no need.
没这个必要
I wrote the report.
报告是我写的
Silence, please.
请安静
Silence, please.
请安静
Order!
肃静!
You've been skipping seminars.
最近你老是逃课
I have a piece of information.
我有一条证据
Concerning one of the defendants.
关系到被告人之一
Something they're not admitting. What information?
有件事她们没有如实供认 什么证据?
You don't need me to tell you.
你不需要跟我说
It's perfectly clear. You have a moral obligation to disclose it to the court.
你应该很清楚 把它公诸法庭是你的道德义务
It happens this information is favorable to the defendant.
可这条证据恰好对被告有利
It can help her case.
能够帮助她的案子
It may even affect the outcome, certainly the sentencing.
甚至会影响判决结果 至少能减刑
So? There's a problem.
所以呢? 有一个问题
The defendant herself is determined to keep this information secret.
被告自己决心保密
A moment, please. Sorry.
请等一会 对不起
What are her reasons?
她的理由是什么?
Because she's ashamed.
因为她觉得自卑
Ashamed of what?
为什么自卑?
Have you spoken to her? Of course not.
你和她谈过吗? 当然没有
Why "of course not?"
为什么 当然没有 ?
I can't.
我不能
I can't do that.
我不能那样做
I can't talk to her.
我不能和她谈
What we feel isn't important. It's utterly unimportant.
我们的想法并不重要 完全不重要
The only question is what we do.
唯一重要的是我们的行动
If people like you don't learn from what happened to people like me,
如果你们这辈人不从我们这辈人吸取教训
then what the hell is the point of anything?
那一切还有什么意义?
Schmitz?
施密茨?
You have a visitor.
有人来看你
Quiet, please!
请安静!
Gertrud Ballow.
格楚德·巴罗
Andreas Michael Springer.
安德里亚斯·迈克·斯普林格
Michael Berg.
迈克·伯格
Walter Sherman.
沃尔特·谢尔曼
Time's up.
时间到
Are you coming in?
你不进来吗?
You took your time.
你挺磨蹭的啊
What is it?
怎么了?
Where are you going?
你要去哪?
I'm sorry.
对不起
I need to sleep by myself.
我想一个人睡
I'll just be a minute.
给我一分钟
Nazi! Nazi whore!
纳粹! 纳粹婊♥子♥!
Nazi!
纳粹!
Silence in the court. Silence in the court.
肃静 肃静
All rise.
全体起立
The court finds guilty the defendants
本庭宣判以下被告
Rita Beckhart, Caroline Steinhoff,
丽塔·贝克哈特 卡罗琳娜·斯坦霍夫
Regina Kroit, Angela Zeva
赫吉娜·克罗伊特 安吉拉·杰瓦
and Andrea Lumen
以及安德丽娅·鲁门
of jointly aiding and abetting murder in 300 cases.
共同协助和参与300起谋杀罪名成立
The court finds guilty the defendant
本庭宣判
Hanna Schmitz of murder in 300 cases.
被告汉娜·施密茨 针对300人的谋杀罪名成立
The court sentences the accused as follows:
判刑结果如下
Rita Beckhart, Caroline Steinhoff,
丽塔·贝克哈特 卡罗琳娜·斯坦霍夫
Regina Kroit, Angela Zeva and Andrea Lumen
赫吉娜·克罗伊特 安吉拉·杰瓦 以及安德丽娅·鲁门
to each serve a total sentence in prison of four years and three months.
各判处监禁四年零三个月
Hanna Schmitz,
汉娜·施密茨
in view of your own admissions and your special role,
由于你自己的供认 以及你在此案中的特殊角色
you're in a different category.
你与她们不在同列
The court sentences the accused, Schmitz, to imprisonment for life.
本庭判处主犯施密茨终身监禁
Where are we going?
我们要去哪?
I said I'll tell you when we get there.
我说过等到了那里我就告诉你
You told me you liked surprises. I like surprises.
你不是喜欢惊喜吗 我喜欢惊喜
She's grown, hasn't she?
她长大了 对吧?
I don't know. It's so long since I saw her, Michael. How can I tell?
我不知道 我好久没看见她了 迈克 我怎么知道?
It's my fault. We shouldn't have come unannounced.
是我的错 我们不应该不打招呼就来的
Daddy's going to live in his own house.
爸爸要回自己的房♥子住
Mother, I'm afraid I have some bad news.
母亲 恐怕我有坏消息要告诉您
Julia knows. We've already told her.
朱莉娅已经知道了 我们告诉过她
Gertrud and I, we are getting a divorce.
格楚德和我决定离婚了
You don't come for your father's funeral, but you come for this?
你父亲的葬礼你都没来 却为这件事来?
It's not easy for me to visit this town.
我不愿回到这座城市
Were you really so unhappy? That's not what I'm saying.
你过得真那么不开心? 这不是我要说的
It's not what I meant. Well, then?
我不是这个意思 那是什么意思?
You mustn't worry about Gertrud. I'm going to look after her.
你千万别担心格楚德 我会照顾她的
She's already a state prosecutor, so she earns far more than I do.
她已经是州检察官 所以她比我挣得多多了
Michael
迈克
l'm not worried about Gertrud.
我不担心格楚德
I'm worried about you.
我担心的是你
"Sing to me of the Man, Muse
告诉我 缪斯
The man of twists and turns Driven time and again off course
那位聪颖敏睿的凡人的经历
Once he had plundered the hallowed heights of Troy"
在攻破神圣的特洛伊城♥堡♥后 浪迹四方
215, mail.
215有邮件
217, mail.
217有邮件
220, mail.
220有邮件
Number?
号♥码?
Open it.
打开它
Testing, testing. One, two, three. Testing, testing.
测试 测试 一 二 三 测试 测试
The Odyssey by Homer.
《奥德赛》 荷马著
The Odyssey by Homer.
《奥德赛》 荷马著
"Sing to me of the Man, Muse
告诉我 缪斯
The man of twists and turns
那位聪颖敏睿的凡人的经历
Driven time and again off course
他浪迹四方
Once he had plundered the hallowed heights of Troy"
在攻破神圣的特洛伊城♥堡♥后
"to the house of death. But they held fast in place,
返回死亡之城 而他们稳站原地
hoping that others might still come.
希望能面见
Shades of famous heroes, men who died in the old days
某些前辈的英雄 早以作古的人们
and ghosts of an even older age, I long to see."
旧时强者的鬼魂 我渴望见到他们
"Come, sheathe your sword, let's go to bed together.
来吧 收起你的铜剑 插入鞘内
Mount my bed and mix in the magic work of love.
咱俩前往睡床 躺倒做♥爱♥ 在欢爱的床第
We'll breed deep trust between us."
或许可建立你我间的信赖
"Not for all the world, not until you consent to swear, goddess,
我不愿和你同床 除非你 女神
a blinding oath you'll never plot some new intrigue to harm me."
立下庄重的誓言 保证不再谋设新的恶招 使我受害
"Straightaway, she began to swear the oath that I required.
听我言罢 她当即起誓 按我的求愿
Never, she would never do me harm.
永远 她永远不会使我受害
And when she'd finished then, at last,
当她发过誓咒 立下一番旦旦信誓后
I mounted Circes' gorgeous bed."
我举步前往基耳凯精美的床边
"When young Dawn, with her rose-red fingers shone once more,
当年轻的黎明重现天际 垂着玫瑰红的手指
they yoked their pair again,
他们再次套起驭马
and out through the gates and echoing colonnade,
穿过大门和回声隆响的柱廊
they whipped the team to a run and on they flew,
扬鞭催马 后者撒腿飞跑
holding nothing back, and the princes reached the wheatlands"
不带半点勉强 王子们进入盛产麦子的平原
"those purebred stallions
这些纯种的快马
as the sun sank"
我死 即我生
"Truly, and I have to confess, I am jealous.
真的 我必须承认 我很嫉妒
It's true, till now"
这是真的 到现在为止
"Perfectly astonishing. I've always said it was all tricks,
实在太惊人了 就像变戏法一样
but he went to sleep under my very eyes."
但他就在我眼皮底下睡着了
"He lifted a large newspaper from the table
他从桌子上抓起一张大报纸
and began stamping his feet and flourishing the newspaper
一面顿脚 一面挥动报纸
to drive Gregor back into his room."
要把格里高尔赶回到房♥间里去
Zhivago even a cake,
日瓦戈 甚至有一种
rather like a Baba au Rhum known as a Zhivago bun.
用甜酒浸过的圆点心就叫日瓦戈甜饼
At one time you only had to say to your sleigh driver in Moscow,
有一阵子 只要你在莫斯科 朝车夫大喊一声
'Zhivago's.' And, rather as if you had said"
到日瓦戈公♥馆♥! 那就等于说
"The Lady with the Little Dog by Anton Chekhov."
《带小狗的女人》 安东·契诃夫著
"The talk was that a new face had appeared on the promenade,
据说在堤岸上出现了一个新面孔
a lady with a little dog.
一个带小狗的女人
Dmitri Dmitritch Gurov had already spent two weeks in Yalta,
德米特利·德米特利奇·古罗夫 已经在雅尔塔生活了两个星期
so he was bored with it and always looking for fresh faces."
对这个地方已经厌倦 也开始对新面孔发生兴趣了
Sitting in the pavilion at Vernet,
他坐在韦尔奈的售货亭里
he saw a young woman walking on the seafront.
看见堤岸上有一个年轻的金发女人在走动
A fair-haired young lady of medium height, wearing a beret"
她身材不高 戴一顶圆形软帽
I want to take out a book.
我想借本书
Which book?
哪本书?
Do you have The Lady with the Little Dog?
你有没有《带小狗的女人》?
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
Hanna Schmitz.
汉娜·施密茨
The Lady with the Little Dog.
带小狗的女人
The Lady with the Little Dog.
带小狗的女人
Dog.
人
One, two, three, four, five, six.
一 二 三 四 五 六
The Lady with the Little Dog.
带小狗的女人
The
的
The.
的
The. The. The.
的 的 的
The.
的
The.
的
No letter? No letter. Sign.
没有信? 没信 签字吧
You're Michael Berg? Yes.
你是迈克·伯格? 是的
Thank you for calling me. You got my letter?
谢谢你打电♥话♥给我 你收到我的信了?
I have it here.
是的 就在我面前
As I say, Hanna Schmitz is coming up for release very soon.
正如我信中所说 汉娜·施密茨很快就要刑满释放了
Hanna has been in prison for over 20 years.
汉娜已经在监狱里生活了20多年
She has no family.
她没有家人
She has no friends.
也没有朋友
You're her only contact.
你是她唯一的联♥系♥人
And I'm told you don't visit her.
我听说你从不来看她
No, I don't.
没错
When she gets out, she's going to need a job.
出狱后 她将需要一份工作
She's going to need somewhere to live.
她还需要有个地方住
You can't imagine how frightening the modern world will seem to her.
你无法想象今天的世界对她会有多么可怕
Mm-hmm.
嗯
I have no one else to ask.
我无法请求别人
If you don't take responsibility for her,
如果你不对她负责
then Hanna has no future at all.
汉娜根本没有未来
It's kind of you.
你是个好人
Thank you for letting me know.
谢谢你通知我
You're Michael Berg? Yes.
你是迈克·伯格? 是的
I'm Louisa Brenner. Good morning.
我叫路易莎·布伦纳 早上好
How do you do? We were expecting you earlier.
你好 我们以为你会早点来的
I should warn you, for a long time Hanna held herself together.
我得提醒你 很长一段时间汉娜努力支撑着自己
She was very purposeful. In the last few years, she's different.
她表现得非常坚强 可最近几年她变了
She's let herself go.
她开始放任自流
I'm taking you straight to the canteen.
我直接带你去食堂
They've just finished their lunch.
她们刚刚用完午餐
Table four.
四号♥桌
You've grown up, kid.
你长大了 孩子
I've got a friend who's a tailor.
我有个朋友是裁缝
He'll give you a job.
他会给你找个工作
And I've found you somewhere to live. It's a nice place.
我还给你找了个住处 地方不错
Quite small, but it's nice.
有点小 但很舒适
You'll like it. Thank you.
你会喜欢的 谢谢你
There are various social programs, cultural stuff I can sign you up for.
那有很多社区组织 我可以帮你报名参加各种文化活动
And the public library is very close.
公共图书馆也很近
You read a lot?
你读了很多书吧?
I prefer being read to.
我还是喜欢听人念
That's over now, isn't it?
可那已经结束了 不是吗?
Did you get married?
你结婚了吗?
I did. Yes, I did.
结了 我结婚了
We have a daughter.
我们有个女儿
I'm not seeing as much of her as I'd like.
我却不能常常见到她
I'd like to see a great deal more of her.
我希望能够多见到她
The marriage didn't last.
我的婚姻没有维持多久
Have you spent time thinking about the past?
你有想过以前的事吗?
You mean with you? No.
和你在一起的事? 不
No, I didn't mean with me.
不 我不是指和我一起的事
Before the trial, I never thought about the past.
在审判之前 我从没想过以前的事
I never had to.
我从来没那个必要
Now?
现在呢?
What do you feel now?
你现在怎么认为?
It doesn't matter what I feel.
我怎么认为根本不重要
It doesn't matter what I think.
我怎么想也不重要
The dead are still dead.
人死不能复生
I wasn't sure what you'd learned.
那你究竟学到了什么
Well, I have learned, kid.
孩子 我学到了
I've learned to read.
我学会了识字
I'll pick you up next week, OK?
我下周来接你 好吗?
That sounds a good plan.
听起来不错
We can do it quietly, or we can make a fuss.
我们可以安静地走 也可以大张旗鼓
Quietly.
安静地
OK. Quietly.
好的 安静地
Quietly.
安静地
Take care, kid. You, too. See you next week.
保重 孩子 你也是 下周见
I've come to collect Hanna Schmitz.
我来接汉娜·施密茨
Please. Please, take a seat.
请 请坐
She didn't pack.
她没有收拾行李
She never intended to leave.
她根本没打算离开
"The talk was that a new face
据说在堤岸上
had appeared on the promenade,
出现了一个新面孔
a lady with a little dog."
一个带小狗的女人
She left me a message.
她给我留了个字条
A sort of will.
算是遗嘱吧
I'll read the bit that concerns you.
我来读一下提到你的那部分
"There is money in the old tea tin.
我在那个旧茶叶罐里放了钱
Give it to Michael Berg.
把它交给迈克·伯格
He should send it, alongside the 7,000 Marks in the bank,
连同银行里的七千马克 请他转交给
to the daughter who survived the fire.
那场大火里幸存者的女儿
It's for her.
这钱是给她的
She should decide what to do with it.
由她来决定这钱怎么花
And tell Michael I said hello."
还有 替我向迈克问好
Ms. Mather? Yes.
玛瑟女士? 是的
You're Michael Berg. Yes.
你是迈克·伯格 是的
I was expecting you.
我在等你
Please. Thank you.
请坐 谢谢
So you must tell me, exactly what brings you to the United States?
请你告诉我 为什么专程来美国?
I was here already. I was at a conference in Boston.
我是顺便来的 我正在波士顿开会
You're a lawyer? Yes.
你是个律师? 是的
I was intrigued by your letter, but I can't say I wholly understood it.
你的信很有意思 但我没有完全看懂
You attended the trial? Yes. Almost 20 years ago.
你参加过那次审判? 是的 差不多20年前
I was a law student. I remember you. I remember your mother very clearly.
我当时是法学院学生 我记得你 你母亲我印象很深
My mother died in Israel a good many years ago.
我母亲很多年前在以色列过世了
I I'm sorry.
对 对不起
Go on, please.
请说下去
Perhaps you heard.
也许你已经听说了
Hanna Schmitz recently died. She killed herself.
汉娜·施密茨最近死了 她是自杀的
She was a friend of yours?
她是你的朋友?
A kind of friend.
算是吧
It's as simple as this.
其实很简单
Hanna was illiterate for the greater part of her life.
汉娜的大半生都是文盲
Is that an explanation of her behavior?
你这是为她的行为辩解?
No. Or an excuse?
不 或者开脱?
No. No.
不 不
She taught herself to read when she was in prison.
她在监狱里自学了读写
I sent her tapes.
我给她寄录音带
She had always liked being read to.
她一直有 听人朗读的爱好
Why don't you start by being honest with me?
为什么你不对我坦白点?
At least start that way.
至少开个坦白的头
What was the nature of your friendship?
你们到底是什么关系?
When I was young, I had an affair with Hanna.
当我年轻时 和汉娜有过一段情
I'm not sure I can help you, Mr. Berg.
我想我帮不了你 伯格先生
And
而且
even if I could, I'm not willing to.
即使我能帮你 我也不愿意这样做
I was almost 16 when I took up with her.
我快16岁那年和她在一起
The affair only lasted a summer. But
这段感情只持续了一个夏天 但是
But what?
但是什么?
I see.
我懂了
And did Hanna Schmitz acknowledge the effect she'd had on your life?
汉娜·施密茨明白 自己对你一生的影响有多大吗?
She'd done much worse to other people.
她对别人的影响坏得多
I've never told anyone.
我从没告诉过任何人
People ask all the time what I learned in the camps.
人们总是问我在集中营里学到了什么
But the camps weren't therapy.
可集中营不是诊疗室
What do you think these places were, universities?
你以为这些地方是什么 大学吗?
We didn't go there to learn.
我们不是上那学习的
One becomes very clear about these things.
对这一点我非常清楚
What are you asking for? Forgiveness for her?
你在要求什么?要我原谅她吗?
Or do you just want to feel better yourself?
还是仅仅让你自己觉得好过点?
My advice? Go to the theater if you want catharsis. Please.
我的建议是 如果你想宣泄罪恶感 请去电影院
Go to literature.
去看文学作品
Don't go to the camps.
别去集中营
Nothing comes out of the camps.
从集中营你什么也得不到
Nothing.
什么也没有
What she wanted
她的愿望是
What she wanted was to leave you her money.
她只想把她的钱留给你
I have it with me. To do what?
我把它带来了 我要这钱做什么?
As you think fit.
随你做主
Here.
给
When I was a little girl, I had a tea tin for my treasures.
我小时候也有一个茶叶罐 用来装我的宝贝
Not quite like this. It had Cyrillic lettering.
和这个不太一样 上面有西里尔文的字母
I took it with me to the camp, but it got stolen.
它跟着我去了集中营 后来却被偷走了
What was in it? Sentimental things.
里面有什么? 有纪念意义的小东西
A piece of hair from our dog.
我家那只狗的一撮毛
Some tickets to the operas my father had taken me to.
我父亲带我听歌♥剧的票
It wasn't stolen for its contents.
它被偷走不是因为里面装的东西
It was the tin itself
而是罐子本身
that was valuable,
它的价值
what you could do with it.
还有用途
There's nothing I can do with this money.
我无法使用这笔钱
I give it to anything associated with extermination of Jews,
如果我把它用于 和犹太种族屠♥杀♥相关的任何事
then to me it seems
那么对我来说这意味着
like absolution, and that's something I'm neither willing
一种赦免 而我绝对没有
nor in a position to grant.
这种意愿或资格
I was thinking maybe
或许可以捐给
an organization to encourage literacy.
一个提倡扫除文盲的组织
Good. Good.
很好 很好
Do you know if there is a Jewish organization?
你听说过这类犹太人组织吗?
I'd be surprised if there isn't.
没有才怪
There's a Jewish organization for everything.
犹太人什么组织都有
Not that illiteracy is a very Jewish problem.
尽管文盲并不是犹太人专有的问题
Why don't you find out? Send them the money.
为什么你不去找找看? 把钱交给他们
Shall I do it in Hanna's name?
我应该用汉娜的名义吗?
As you think fit.
随你做主
I'll keep the tin.
我会收下这个茶叶罐
Thank you.
谢谢你
Where are we going? I thought you liked surprises.
我们要去哪? 你不是喜欢惊喜吗
I do. I do like surprises.
没错 我是喜欢惊喜
Hanna Schmitz.
汉娜·施密茨
Who was she?
她是谁?
That's what I wanted to tell you.
这正是我想要告诉你的
That's why we're here.
所以我们才来这里
So tell me.
那就开始吧
I was 15.
那年我15岁
I was coming home from school.
从学校回家的路上
I was feeling ill.
觉得不舒服
And a woman helped me.
有个女人帮助了我


发布评论